Thursday, July 12, 2012

My 20 Links p. 3 - Karen Michel


Let me just say I think I may be sisters with Karen Michel... well artistically anyway.... although I am clearly the runt! I just love her work and here are a few of my favorites but her website and information are under the images.

Karen Michel
Karen Michel

Karen Michel - My Fav


http://www.karenmichel.com/mixed-media/artjournals/artjournals.htm


My narrative: in general my work is about bringing something into the world that enhances and elevates the environment in which it lives. Much like magical charms and spells of intention that give voice to our inner makers/magicians and collective histories. I am endlessly inspired by nature, seeking the wild in urban environments, native folklore, moon lore, sea creatures, sustainability and sweet soul music….. eternally a seeker of magic. the last name? it’s pronounced (me-shell)
★ about me: (how about some 3rd person?) Karen Michel is a mixed media Artist and Author who creates work from recycled and repurposed materials, mojo and sunshine. Born & raised in New York, she escaped to the mountain desert for a moment in time and has since returned to the sea shore.
When not creating, you can usually find her & her 6 year old assistant hunting seashells and locomotives.
you can also find me…..

Michel, K. (2012). Karen Michel. Retrieved from http://www.karenmichel.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment